• Use fertilizers sparingly and sweep up driveways, sidewalks, and gutters
• Never dump anything down storm drains
• Vegetate bare spots in your yard
• Compost your yard waste
• Use less toxic pesticides and follow labels
• Take your car to the car wash instead of washing it in the driveway
• Check your car for leaks
• Recycle your motor oil
• Have your septic tank system inspected and pumped regularly
• Pick up your pet waste and dispose of it in the trash
Volunteer for a Clean-Up Event
Resolutions for Cleaner Water:
Clean up after your pet: Waste from one large dog in one day contains approximately 7.8 billion fecal coliform bacteria.
Generate Less: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
Use less: Products with Chemicals
Don't Litter: Properly throw away in a trash bin so the trash doesn't pollute the water.